Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Vintage ornament wreath

I was introduced to Shiny Brites last year by Hayley and Tracey at Porchlight Interiors just in time for Christmas. So off I went searching Ebay USA for these sparkley little treasures. I found some just in time for the big fat man.

wreath 2008

This year I added a few dozen more to my collection and thought my 2008 wreath was in need of a little facelift. So last night at 10pm I decided it was now or never.

First I got out my hot glue gun and secured all the metal caps to the baubles. These little things are far to precious to me and I've lost a few that weren't secured well enough.

wreath steps glue

Next, I mapped out the colours and placement of the baubles on the coffee table whilst watching re-runs of Sex and the City.

wreath layout

After an hour of carefully tying them back on the wreath, this is the finished product.

wreath full bright

Hope you like my vintage wreath as much as I do.



13 comments:

  1. ohh! I love this more than most of the ornament wreaths I have seen. Having it on the greenery just makes it pop so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow.. wow!! thats fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas perfection. I'm sure this makes your heart smile every time you approach your front door. Meredith xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this!! The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with vintage ornaments this year and like you ~ mine are very special to me. Your wreath is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfection Sharnel. PS: The dress is "Rock your Baby".

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - I love this Sharnel. What a great way to spend the evening too.You've inspired me, but I might have to put this on next year's list!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one talented gal! I have been scrounging thrift stores the past few weeks for vintagey Christmas stuff...I love your wreath...it is stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is gorgeous and think that it may just last a bit longer than my one.

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's just gorgeous. I have a ton of different colored glass ornaments Mom gave me that I don't use, but can't part with. This is a wonderful project for those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing Sharnel! Love it! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Tracey & Hayley xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so beautiful Sharnel...It reminds me of the decorations that my Nanna trimmed her tree with when I was a little girl. I absolutely love it.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty! The colors make it so unique

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx